MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £36k depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days a week on-site. This is flexible and can be more or less to suit personal circumstance and project needs. We are also open to compressed hours in this role.
Do you have a passion for Engineering? Are you looking to build your experience of designing high-integrity, complex systems? MBDA deliver cutting-edge products to nations and customers across the world and our Firing Units team is critical to the development of these products.
As a member of the Firing Units team, you will help to design the electronic equipment required to safely, reliably and efficiently integrate MBDA products into platforms.
You will support circuit design, prototyping, testing and integration/design proving of the hardware needed for Launch Management systems, datalink and communications systems, as well as help to provide embedded computing resources for larger Command and Control systems.
You will gain experience in all stages of the product lifecycle, helping to ensure our products meet quality, cost and rate targets by working closely with wide-ranging stakeholders as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, degree qualified but other qualifications or experience in electronic design will be considered.
- Open to working within a multi-disciplinary team, with an awareness of the challenges and opportunities that this may bring.
- Experience or interest in electronic sub-system design, including circuit and system design for EMC and environmental requirements, would be an advantage along with a commitment to designing excellent solutions.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.