BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.Role and responsibilities
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is seeking a PMO to join our Space business area to support our Project Management Office.
Working closely with the PMO Lead and PMs, you will be responsible for:
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
- Monitoring and reporting - ensure adherence to standards for tracking projects
- Supporting programme governance - documenting actions and decisions and coordinating monthly board packs
- Change control - helping maintain change control across the programme
- Resourcing - help to manage workforce planning and gathering requirements from PMs
- Financial control - maintaining and tracking programme financial data
- Raising POs and supporting procurement of supplies and services related to the programme
- Stakeholder management and communication - managing and engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Coordinating regular programme newsletters
- Guidance and support - providing detailed guidance on project management tools, procedures, processes and techniques
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Ideally 1-2 Years Relevant Experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent team working abilities but also able to work independently
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Good stakeholder engagement and management
- Proven ability to follow processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure to tight timescales
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Knowledge of project management frameworks, PMO policies, processes and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.