MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £60k depending on experience
What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Annual bonus up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus additional holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Predominately office based
The Selective Precision Effects At Range (SPEAR) Project has just launched a Product Line organisation with exciting opportunities for involvement in technically challenging and rewarding activities!
The Product Line Head of Systems Performance will manage and lead the team in the analysis/assessment of the Operational SPEAR-Product Line of Weapon Systems with responsibility for planning, control, and delivery of associated activities.
In addition, you will act as the overall performance-assurance lead across the project to ensure coherent, compliant & robust system-level performance behaviour from the SPEAR Products in the context of the overall Weapon-System and possibly higher-level technical project management over the Aerodynamics/Propulsion and Simulation & Modelling Team and their respective team-leads.Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- To technically direct & project manage the System Performance Team, including the creation of schedule plans (Primavera), resource profiles, & budget control.
- To carry out studies of the weapon-system performance to support maturation of performance requirements.
- To understand and assess performance with respect to any emergent top-down systems trades.
- To investigate System & Equipment performance issues or bottom-up system trades (including support to Non-Compliance resolution).
- To assess the weapon system & missile against requirements.
- To support performance studies and coordination of project/customer review of outputs.
- To generate formal & Internal Performance Review material & customer System Performance Statements.
- To support the SPEAR Product-Line future business & SPEAR Export strategy with peer review and support of assessment of SPEAR variants.
- To provide a SPEAR performance assurance focus in terms of defining & bounding platform integration constraints, installed performance, defining FFP design-cases, developing con-use, coordination of platform integration function-test scenarios, and support into the Platform Integration team.
- Chair the SPEAR3 Performance Working Group to support progressive performance assurance with the customer, in addition to progressing performance issues & risk-mitigation relating to the broader weapon-system operational use.
- Provide system performance coherence across the SPEAR broader organisations, and manage Lethality assessment activities with the Lethality team.
- Experience of planning and conducting performance assessments for complex systems
- Experience of managing and delivering engineering work packages
- Leading small teams of people, including coordination of specialists
- Experience of using mathematical models to assess system behaviour and associated data analysis (using Matlab and Simulink or similar)
- Experience of capturing and presenting technical data in a clear and concise format for both expert and non-expert audiences
- Experience of configuration control of models and data sets
- Understanding of missile related technologies and physical principles (aerodynamics, propulsion, guidance and control etc)
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.