MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £65,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – typically, this may be three days a week on site. Compressed hours may also be considered.
Electronic Engineering (EE) has a fantastic opportunity for a Team Lead within our growing Test and Evaluation Group. The Team Lead is a diverse role, not only will you be providing line management to the team(s) but you will also be involved in working with Equipment Teams across EE to ensure robust verification and validation strategies and supporting the Group Lead in implementing the change strategy within the Group and instilling a high performance culture.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who wants to directly influence the Function's ability to deliver successful programmes.
What we're looking for from you:
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Experience of leading high performing teams.
- Someone with a high degree of self-motivation and drive and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of the Verification and Validation process.
- An appreciation of electronics technologies and the types of product that Electronic Engineering (UK) design and produces would be an advantage.
- Experience of the Proving process associated methodologies is desirable.
- Experience of the Test and Testability process is desirable.
Finally, we are looking for someone who has a record of accomplishment of on-time delivery along with good verbal and written communication skills.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.