MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Due to increased workload, we are looking for experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineers to work in all areas of the Product Life Cycle from Mechanical Future Concepts, Detailed Design and Qualification to Production and In-service Support.
You will be leading the development of mechanical solutions on a wide variety of complex weapons and weapon systems whilst collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams.
This opportunity provides fantastic development opportunities for career progress within MBDA.
What we're looking for from you:
High performing teams need high performing and experienced individuals. To be suitable for this role, candidates will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development in one of the following areas; Mechanisms, Structures, Assembly and Integration, Concept down-selection and development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience across the Product Life Cycle (CADMID)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.