Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: EmployeeSenior Data Quality Product ManagerAt QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage. Role Summary
This role is the primary interface between Chief Data Office, Technology Services, Group Architecture and the Business, accountable for delivery of feasible and sustainable product solutions for the business divisions through end-to-end stakeholder management of the complete product lifecycle. Jointly accountable with the Global Platforms, Group Architecture and respective Project teams for the for delivery of run, change and transformation work across squads.
Lead and inspire the product squads by translating the QBE Data Management and Product strategies into relevant business outcomes and define the mission.
Overseeing the entire lifecycle of products, creating the product roadmap and strategic vision, providing overall oversight, contract management, and budgeting as required. This role works closely with the Global Platforms and Group Architecture teams to manage release planning and to unlock maximum value from the team involved, ensuring it has the capabilities to support a continuous pipeline of improvement and operational efficiencies.Primary Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Data Management to shape the data product strategy and roadmap for the group (Focusing on Data Quality Products/tools)
- Work closely with Group Data Management team to support and inform as required the building and enhancement of policy and procedures to support balanced and optimal lending growth.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap (that represent both the business’ and technologies’ capabilities)
- Define, refine, communicate, and lead the mission for the product squads, making product lifecycle decisions (building, scaling, decommissioning, etc.)
- Support successfully completion of key Group Strategic Initiatives by providing leadership and oversight of Data Quality products (e.g. Ataccama).
- Cross-Divisional implementation and rollout to BAU.
- Define Product team’s / squad’s vision and features - Synchronise the vision with Product Owners in Squads, lead the formulation of the Product Team and Squads mission and goals.
- Product budget and forecasting - Manage the Product team/Squad budget
- Inspecting and evaluating progress and remove impediments to making progress.
- Know the customers (internal businesses/functions) and their problems and identify opportunities to improve their experience.
- Track and analyse performance and incorporate key learnings into product optimisation strategies.
- Define KPIs, analyse the impact of product features and provide insightful recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support product compliance with all relevant legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams (business, technical, platforms) to ensure delivery and optimisation of all operational forecasting, processes, systems, infrastructure and resources.
We are here to support you
- Previous experience of leading Data Quality strategy and delivery within an Enterprise sized organisation.
- Proven experience in managing complex, data products initiatives, working with and/or running mixed technical teams to deliver the work
- Strong proven experience in using/rolling out Ataccama and/or other Data Quality/Data Management technologies and products
- Strong agile product delivery experience - Using various methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) with experience of Product Ownership, or a similar role, working with Scrum teams or in an Agile environment
- Product visioning and roadmap development.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and client needs, ability to create a value proposition
- for the client and a vision for the Tribe's product group
- A collaborative leader who creates an environment that empowers the product teams to make
- decisions and take actions.
- Developing others through a combination of training, coaching and mentoring.
- Leadership focused on promoting a culture of continuous improvement, experimentation and
- Understanding of value generation within a business context.
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.