MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business.The opportunity:
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering team for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of an equipment team in manufacturing which will involve managing project and functional workloads to ensure completion on time through the team. You will also lead continuous improvement activities, represent the manufacturing team at various forums and be responsible for the delivery of the team. Furthermore, this is a leadership role that involves people management; sickness & absence, appraisals, holidays, work load and individual output.
The opportunity will give you the chance to grow your knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- or BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
Able to work with minimum supervision:
What to expect:
- Be highly motivated and enthusiastic, to create/maintain a high performing team
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to manufacturing improvements
- Be a recognised point of contact for manufacturing enquiries through the deployed team
- Must be confident in people leadership and holding effective team/individual discussions
- Proficient in computer and internet use, including proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Office Suite & manufacturing systems such as "ERP."
- An opportunity to take ownership of a manufacturing engineering equipment team, to support manufacturing and be part of rate increases on key programmes
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key role in leading manufacturing engineering team.
- Be part of peoples career; support their development and recognition across the business
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work.
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.