MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £39,000depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We are seeking a Live Build Manufacturing Technician to work as part of our Manufacturing Team at our Henlow site. Responsible for carrying out manufacturing, test and inspection tasks within the Live Build Facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives
What you will be doing:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capacity to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring implements associated with the manufacturing cycle
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 and suitable Academic qualification
- The Manufacturing Technician will typically be capable of certifying the product and possess a versatile skill base, with a capability to apply their skills across a range of tasks utilising equipment and tools, gauges and measuring instruments associated with the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements
- Team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.