MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as being onsite when necessary to work with people and collaborate, then working from home and around family commitments to be your most efficient.
This role could be full time or part time, 4 or 5 days per week. We are flexible and accommodating. It would be beneficial to be on-site 2 or 3 days a week, depending on the bid/project needs and working remotely the other days.
We are Electronics Engineering. We are growing, dedicated, and we work as a team to deliver.
Your role as a Bid Engineering Project Manager is to support the Sector Leads and work with our bid teams to deliver our portfolio of bids on time and with high quality.
The role has a wide remit and day to day tasks will be diverse. The mix of work may include monitoring and presenting the status of all ongoing bids, hands-on contributing to and recording of bid material (to promote bid best practice and re-use of core bid material) or directly leading multiple bids.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be take a leading role in our bid team and bid strategy.
MBDA offers incredible development and career opportunities. We believe that any individual with a learning mindset and belief in what we do can make a difference here.
There are creative opportunities in MBDA, for example, to take part in outreach representing Electronics Engineering in your community and becoming in involved in women-in-engineering events.
What we're looking for from you:
- Direct experience either managing or writing bids of a technical nature; preferably in the context of engineering development work
- Proactive, experienced and dynamic individuals with the ability to multi-task and work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Individuals with excellent communication skills; able to summarise complex situations succinctly and present clearly to a wide audience;
- Organised with an eye for detail and a sense of pride in what they deliver.
Ideally, candidates will have exposure to engineering development and/or a background in electronics. You may also have a good grasp of project management fundamentals, basic Primavera P6 scheduling experience and the ability to manipulate data in Excel.
Most important for us is that you have the right attitude and a passion to develop - we can offer the training and support you need to enable you to broaden your skills and experience.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.