MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive! Depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as being onsite when necessary to work with people and collaborate, then working from home and around family commitments to be your most efficient.
This role could be full time or part time: 4 or 5 days per week. We are flexible and accommodating. It would be beneficial to be on-site 2 or 3 days a week, depending on the project needs and working remotely other days.
We are Electronics Engineering. We are growing, dedicated and we work as a team to deliver our projects.
Your role as an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) is to deliver our projects to time, cost and quality; to drive the design, development and delivery of our electronic equipment, from concept through into full production. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a member of the project management team in Electronics.
We are supported by Project Controllers for scheduling in P6. We mentor our Engineering Project Coordinators who support your work across a portfolio of projects.
The role has a defined development path towards Senior EPM and Delivery Lead, each looking after a larger portfolio of projects and teams and greater customer management responsibilities.
We believe that any individual with a learning mindset and belief in what we do can make a difference here.
There are creative opportunities in MBDA, for example, to take part in outreach representing Electronics Engineering in your community and becoming involved in women-in-engineering events.
What we're looking for from you:
Someone with drive, passion and commitment who has:
- Experience of Project Management best practice: Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Compliance Management, Configuration Management and Earned Value Management.
- Experience of delivering significant project/programmes on time and to cost.
- Experience of project management across the various phases; from project conception & initiation through manufacture & qualification to customer delivery.
- A background in engineering development, ideally of complex systems or electronic units.
- Individuals with excellent communication skills; able to influence others to their way of thinking;
- Organised with an eye for detail and a sense of pride in what they deliver.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.