MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £30,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Development Technician to be part of our highly skilled teams that develops Electronics for all of MBDA's products. This role encompasses a broad spectrum of engineering tasks, including some design related work, offering the right candidate challenges not only in their core discipline, but also scope for growth and career development.
Our teams encompass Missile Computers, Actuation Systems, Data Links, Telemetry Systems and new technologies/research. The candidate may be assigned to any of these teams.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally HNC qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical discipline.
- You will have experience of the design environment and the development process
- Experience in a production support role is an advantage, but not essential
- You will have some familiarity with test and fault finding on a range of technologies which would include a number of the following: RF, Analogue, Digital, Optical and Safety.
- You will have familiarity with the development process and understand the logistics of kitting parts and progressing through prototyping processes.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.