MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £40,000-£60,000 depending on experience
Some of what to expect:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
This is an exciting opportunity for an Embedded Digital Design Engineer to be involved in the development of our growing portfolio of complex embedded digital systems. The portfolio ranges from advanced DSP systems (e.g. Image Processing, Software Defined Radios), complex SoC systems, through to safety and security critical systems; using the latest embedded devices from all the major vendors (e.g. Xilinx, Intel, Texas Instruments, Analogue devices etc)
There is great opportunity to be involved at all phases of the development cycle from initial embedded design (e.g. partitioning functions between Software and FPGA domains), through the design implementation phases, and finally to the on-target integration and test; ultimately seeing the overall embedded system come to life!
The role is multi-disciplinary so you will have opportunity to develop a variety of skills ranging from, but not limited to, Embedded-System design, Software design, FPGA design and Hardware design, depending where you want to focus your technical development. The role can also offer technical and team lead opportunities, giving you the options to grow your career in a variety of both technical, and leadership directions.
What we're looking for from you:
People who want to work with exciting cutting edge technology, enjoy problem solving, and working as part of multi-disciplined teams to deliver complex solutions for our customers. Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) with experience or knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Background in either Digital Hardware Design, FPGA Design (firmware), or Embedded Software Design.
- Embedded digital design and modelling skills (e.g. partitioning of functional elements between software and FPGA, and modelling\analysing key performance aspects of the resulting design)
- Integration and test of embedded systems onto hardware platforms
Engineering is at heart of our business; and this role will give you an opportunity to both develop your core technical and leadership skills and gain a wider experience of complex systems. You will be working alongside a multidiscipline engineering team, and you will be a key part of a supportive and growing team as your career expands with us. The business is committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience. It is a fantastic role, in which you can develop both personally and professionally.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances.