MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2,000 per year
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week on site and 2 days from home.The opportunity:
Are you an experienced Design Engineer looking for an exciting challenge? If so then we have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer to join the in the Complex Warhead Centre of Excellence (CW CofEx) working on conventional warheads for MBDA's missiles.
You will be Involved throughout the product lifecycle including concepts, design development and qualification, manufacture and in-service support. Being in a multi-disciplined team in the UK and with MBDA colleagues in France, Germany and Italy, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with customers, partners and suppliers across UK and Europe.
Working in small and medium sized multi-disciplined teams in collaborative and innovative ways including AGILE best practice, to deliver ambitious programmes to time, cost and quality. The CW CofEx is part of a multi-national organisation undertaking international programmes, with opportunities for national and international travel and collaboration. This defence equipment is world beating, designed and demonstrated to achieve high performance, safe & suitable for service throughout its design life.
Outputs will include design definitions, configuration management, requirements, compliance documents, design reviews. You will establish relationships with customers and suppliers inside and outside MBDA, leading the definition and delivery of work packages and subcontracts. In terms of career development you will be able to develop your relevant domain knowledge in warheads, explosives and missiles, with opportunity to acquire new skills with simulation tools and analysis methods, and to implement new and emerging technologies.What we're looking for from you:
- A self-motivated and adaptable design engineer, educated to degree or HND level
- Experience in mechanical design, development and manufacture
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, able to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Knowledge of mechanical design with 3D CAD / CAE skills (training on MBDA's CAE tools will be provided) along with knowledge of design tools such as Windchill, DOORS, Matlab & DFMEA
- Desirable for experience with requirements management, component and material specifications, and international defence / aerospace standards
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.