MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: £35-45K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as typically working from home 2/3 days per week.
MBDA are looking for test architects to join our growing team. In this role, you will be supporting the test and testability aspects of the missile, helping to ensure that design for test considerations are applied during the project development and specifying all missile level factory, in service and BIT routines. You will be working closely with the manufacturing and design teams to ensure the final product is fully testable and to understand/minimise the gaps in test coverage.
The department is responsible for the test architecture of our missiles, specifying and analysing the missile built in test, specifying the production testing requirements and managing the delivery of the missile equipment.
What we're looking for from you:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the project test strategy
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the project BIT architecture including coverage requirements, BIT timings and system level BIT routines.
- Supporting the definition and implementation of the missile factory pass out testing used to ensure correct build of our product, supporting the manufacturing team with identifying the optimal test stages during production.
- Supporting the definition of the in service test routines on our missiles.
- Responsible for generating and managing compliance to the lower level test requirements placed upon design teams including test access needs, BIT coverage/timings and factory test functionality.
- Responsible for analysing and modelling our system to understand the test coverage and generate diagnostic instructions.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs.
Ideally educated to degree level with experience of test, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics.
- Electronics testing.
- Test equipment design.
Good understanding of:
- Experience in requirements capture.
- Project management and planning.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.