Engineering and R&D Consultant / Manager Location: UK Salary: Competitive Salary & Package (Dependent on Experience) Level: Accenture will be hiring at Manager and Consultant levels
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge .
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO As a team:
In Industry X we shape the future of making things, and the things we make. Our Industry X Team drives innovation by delivering outstanding consultancy based on our collective industrial experience and latest technologies. Evolution of industry practices have been witnessed with evolution of technology. We've been helping businesses adopt and implement the new for years; it is critical we apply this to manufacturers and products companies, service organizations and software companies, to fuel their next level of growth.
Our Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology, data and people to enable process improvements that build value for clients. We focus on helping our clients achieve their ambitions for digital transformation within their core manufacturing and operations throughout the full lifecycle of their assets from capital projects through operations and ongoing support. We digitize, optimize and transform our clients’ traditional ways of planning, producing and shipping to be more agile and dynamic.
Accenture is a company that will allow you to learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that flourishes with shared success, innovative ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. In our Industry X team you will learn:
As an Engineering and R&D Consultant/Manager you will:
- How to challenge yourself and take risks in a supportive and “fail fast” culture
- How to engage clients to understand key challenges and provide solutions to real problems across a variety of industries.
- To p lay a prominent role in shaping and delivering business and digital transformation programs through the application of Consulting and Delivery excellence and leading edge technologies
- T o apply thought leadership and critical thinking to all types of challenges and use that to drive high quality outcomes.
- The ability to recognise industry / technology patterns and to adapt in new contexts
Specifically for an Engineering and R&D Manager you will also :
- Apply your experience to help build solutions to client challenges in the Engineering, R&D and P roduct D evelopment space, working across varying industries and functions
- Work with client stakeholders to develop relationships and build a case for change . Then u se your skills, creativity and knowledge to deliver against that business case
- Play key roles within our clients ’ Digital transformations programs that cut across people, process, data & technology
- Innovate approaches to help develop the team; increase the knowledge base among the team, develop new assets and methodologies to differentiate Accenture, come up with new creative approaches to respond to clients.
- Support the wider Industry X growth initiatives through skills enablement, asset development and Industry eminence
- Be at the forefront of our practice in driving new opportunities and ways of working that will truly differentiate Accenture as a market leader in Engineering Digitisation, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Digital backbones
What’s in it for you
- Take on leadership roles within our client’s transformation programmes centred around people, process, data and technology . This will involve understanding our Clients ’ strategic imperatives and challenges and then drive enabling solutions that pragmatically balance the client’s as-is situation and constraints with new enabling practices and technologies ultimately into successful client outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholder s at director level or equivalent through listening, expectation management and other key client relationship skills
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes up to 30 days of vacation per year, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for. About Accenture
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers . Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found. Applications close date: 30/04/2023
show more show less Qualifications Job Qualifications We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience working directly in product development functions (Engineering, R&D, Product Design & Innovation) for either discrete and formulated goods and across any major industry
- Leading / facilitating workshops to elicit problems statements and develop solutions
- Creating business cases for Digital transformation through excellent written communication skills
- E xperience of implementing solutions for Engineering and/or R&D business functions . Example solution capability areas include, but are definitely not limited, to:
o Requirements Traceability, ALM, MBSE
o Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) spanning Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Planning and In-Service, Operations
o Plant Lifecycle Management and/or BIM
o CAD/CAM/CAE/3D Modelling and Visualisation
o Virtual Prototyping, Simulation and 4D Modelling
o Formulation Management, Materials Compliance , Packaging and/or Labels Locations
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.