MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £42,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Do you have a passion for Engineering? Are you looking to design high-integrity, complex systems? MBDA deliver cutting-edge products to nations and customers across the world and our Power Electronics team is critical to the development of these products. As a member of the Power Electronics team, you will play an integral part in delivering the power electronics that control our Actuation Systems - driving and controlling motors that manoeuvre fins and ultimately provide controlled movement to our products.
You will use your experience to support and be responsible for circuit design, prototyping, testing and integration/design proving of hardware needed for motor control, feedback loops and general control system support during flight.
Your role will cover activities from early feasibility and technology assessments through to certification and supporting transition to production. You will operate in all stages of the product lifecycle, ensuring products meet quality, cost and rate targets by working closely with wide ranging stakeholders as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, degree qualified with post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team, with an awareness of the challenges and opportunities that this may bring and a passion for team working and collaboration.
- Ideally, experience of working in high integrity industries where stringent safety and security constraints are ingrained; therefore possessing an appreciation for MBDA's responsibility to deliver excellence, at every level.
- Experience or interest in power electronics, such as for motor control applications, would be an advantage along with a commitment to designing excellent solutions.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.