MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £65,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; this role is typically onsite working with occasional work from home dependant on project need.
Ada Software Development Engineer
The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of around 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It's a great place to learn about the company's entire product range.
- Are you a forward thinking and hardworking Ada Software Development Engineer who is passionate about creating high quality software and looking to take your career to the next level?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA UK that is starting an exciting phase of transforming the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio.
- We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new insights and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
What we're looking for from you:
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We are keen to learn from new people and passionate about building high performing teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient software engineers to apply for this role.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Proven experience / ability to develop in Ada and associated scripting languages are key.
- Additional experience of other languages such as C, C++ or C# would be an advantage.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as TFTP, Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553 buses
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.