BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Wireless Products group works with customers to develop innovative mission critical technology. Applications include software radios, space technology and underwater systems.JOB ROLE
We have openings for individuals to work as software developers in one of our client facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed Software Developers with a strong academic background with a strong desire to grow their technical ability.
We have a range of roles available, from Junior through to Mid & Senior level Developers. What you could be doing for us:
Depending on your project assignment and level of experience, you may work on some or all of the following:
What background are we looking for?
- High performance application design and development in C++ and related languages.
- Developing and deploying software which typically includes low level development (eg real-time software, drivers, embedded software etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy.
- Work towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
- Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues.
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:Essential:
- C++ experience
- Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to produce high-quality software
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
How we will support you:
- Development on and for Linux based embedded systems
- Range of other development skills, including C (for embedded systems), Java, HTML5, React/Redux, Python, GDB.
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development.
- Understanding of radio communication systems and concepts.
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.
Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.