MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £65,000 depending on experience
MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more….
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; however, this role is predominantly site based.
The opportunity: Algorithms Team Lead
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive technologist to lead a team of technical professionals to develop algorithms for future weapon systems.
We are a specialist and forward-thinking team using product knowledge and mathematical analysis to develop the algorithms that underpin the advanced capabilities of our weapon systems. To keep ahead of our rivals, we are always looking to the state of the art in algorithm technology. This includes an increasing adoption of methods that employ machine-learning and artificial intelligence.
- Lead a team of algorithm developers typically using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Represent the Weapon System Algorithm capability in multiple projects
- Collaboration with the systems teams to understand how the algorithms will be used, and with the software team to appreciate how they will be implemented.
- Responsible for defining the toolchain and process for ensuring integrity through to the final product.
- Offers on the job training within a team of specialists.
- Opportunities to influence:
- How we develop algorithms within the team and more widely within MBDA.
- How the team grows and adapts to meet evolving technological needs.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience of leading teams of highly qualified and technical individuals.
- A commitment to quality and the procedures we follow to ensure it.
- A desire to make an impression within the MBDA engineering community.
Any experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- Software development
- Mathematical analysis
- Numerical simulation
- Machine learning
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.