MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £45,000 depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Assurance Engineering professional to join the Product Assurance Equipment Engineering team supporting a variety of Mechanical & Electro-Mechanical Equipment's whilst driving process improvement.
This opportunity provides the chance to play a pivotal role within an established PA team embedded within Mechanical Engineering with the aim of ensuring all core PA activities are met by leading key process improvement projects and facilitating process governance whilst closely working with Major project Product Assurance Managers across the business supporting equipment development, preventing/minimising product non-conformance & ensuring smooth Equipment delivery increasing Customer satisfaction.
- Lead, facilitate and influence ME process set governance ensuring correct process ownership, awareness and adherence it maintained and robustly reviewed.
- Support & facilitate key Process Improvement & Lessons Learnt activities within ME.
- Support ME development equipment projects ensuring compliance to Mechanical & Electronic Engineering BMS procedures.
- Ensure Product Life Cycle reviews are planned, carried out and actions managed appropriately.
- Manage Product Non-Conformance. Facilitate implementation of Non-conformance process. Support design and manufacturing defect investigations. Provide Non-Conformance data analysis and summary reports into Major Equipment and senior management reviews.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate Quality risks and issues for in house equipment's with the aim of reducing risk.
- Carry out local flash audits for process adherence surveillance and continuous process improvement.
- Plan and facilitate quality focused micro training to increase quality process awareness.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally minimum HNC/HND in Engineering or Quality Assurance
- Experienced quality professionals, preferably within Mechanical or Electronic Engineering with a proven track record in Product Assurance.
- Practitioner of current QA problem solving and improvement methods (8D, RCA, DMAIC, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the product lifecycle - specifically in development
- Strong analytical skills; ability to run reports in Excel, use SAP QM system, and document management tools
- Continuous improvement awareness and ability to use own initiative to deliver improvements
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.