Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee IT Business Analyst Hybrid or Remote At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage.
Change & Technology Services at QBE is shifting - fast. In a world that also throws out it’s unexpected twists and turns, QBE technology and investment in its platform and services have created a natural continuity environment that has elevated technology delivery even closer to the heart of its business value chain. This has allowed its teams to set themselves up for a true work/life balance approach to their day to day and a healthy appetite for discovery, innovation and continuous improvement.
With an Agile mindset, you will be confident in breaking down solutions, communicating at all levels and be an expert facilitator and influencer. At QBE you’ll find everything you need to thrive in a dynamic and supportive work culture where no two days are the same.How will I help?
Your story so far...
- Putting the Customer at the centre of what you do - Developing a deep understanding of business problems and needs and breaking these down within a team to deliver solutions that address these - Getting into the detail of what’s really needed and making sure this is clear and commonly understood by those working on it
- Being curious, asking questions and challenging the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of what we do
- Having an open-mind and a willingness to learn and help to do what’s needed for the team to achieve its goals
- Helping to focus on delivering incremental value where it is appropriate to do so
- Building strong working relationships with our customers, the team and stakeholders, embracing close collaboration with short-feedback loops to constantly validate what we’re working on
- Involving the appropriate people in eliciting, refining and validating needs and acceptance criteria
- Participating in team ceremonies, speaking up and role modelling the right behaviours within teams.
- Contributing to evolving and changing ways of working across the teams and wider organization to become more agile
- Refining large and complex issues into actionable problem statements
- Working with product owners to ensure quality of backlog providing rigor, expertise and bandwidth - Facilitating and improving flow of work within the teams
- Working with the team on the end to end user experience from ideation to service strategy - provide meaningful and relevant experiences to users
- Assisting with end user documentation and training as needed
We are here to support you
- An experienced agile practitioner with 3-5 years’ of working in agile teams
- Strong practical experience of various analysis techniques looking at people, process, technology, data
- Demonstrable experience working as an Agile Business Analyst
- Demonstrable experience working on large-scale change projects across a complex system
- Experience of working on Agile technology and transformation programs
- Track record of working in a fast-paced collaborative cross-functional environment
- Strong stakeholder management experience including partners and vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including reporting and presenting to management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding and application of Agile values, principles and development practices
- Experience using development software tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience gained with financial and/or Insurance Industry experience preferred
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.