MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Your contractual place of work will be our Stevenage site, but where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working including in our Bristol and Bolton offices if project requirements and logistics allow.
Do you have the drive and ability to deliver your expertise across multiple, technically challenging projects? The creativity and personality to work with others to derive solutions to thermal problems in cutting-edge technology? At MBDA, there is the opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as an Engineer in our Thermal Analysis Team.
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve our effectiveness and influence within MBDA. In our Stevenage office, you will work in a supportive environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects that are pivotal to the future success of MBDA and the security of the UK.
Attendance at the Stevenage site is mandatory but our Dynamic Working Agreements also allow high levels of flexibility and a balance of office and remote working. This may be at home and, subject to local agreement and logistics, in other MBDA UK offices such as Bristol or Bolton.
What we're looking for from you:
- Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of heat transfer analysis using computational methods and manual calculations.
- Experience applying CAE tools (e.g. ANSYS, MATLAB, Python) to investigate heat transfer problems.
- Motivated individual who is organised and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Post graduate qualification in a subject relevant to the role.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing small teams in the delivery of projects.
- Knowledge and experience of methods for managing the thermal performance and validation of mechanical and electronic systems.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.