MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Annual bonus up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus additional holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a proactive and passionate system of systems thinker to join our Weapon System Simulation and Experimentation team as the Head of New Business.
The role will be extremely varied, interesting and challenging and you will quickly become a trusted partner to the business and senior stakeholders supporting weapon system design and development.
WSSE (part of Weapon System Design Division) provides a pivotal role for MBDA weapon system development across the full product lifecycle.
The successful candidate will head up new business engagements with key functions and Industry partners, where you will work collaboratively with a range of customers. You will need to demonstrate your influencing and communication skills to improve opportunities to support MBDA weapon system design and development through Synthetic Environments, to accelerate our product development.
What are we looking for from you:
- A System of Systems thinker to act as the primary contact in WSSE to support business engagements with key functions and industry partners to identify and lead WSSE opportunities
- Consistent record of accomplishment interfacing with key partners.
- Good appreciation of Military domain, ideally with MoD and end user experience.
- The ability to support the definition of the project scope and objectives involving all relevant partners, whilst ensuring the technical feasibility.
- Knowledge and experience of Synthetic Environments.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.