The Role: Manager, Data Management Associate
Grade: (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
The Location: New York, NY, Toronto, CA, Centennial, CO, Charlottesville, VA, Virtual East Coast, or London, UK
The Team: S&P Global Sustainable 1 is a corporate division of S&P Global which is focused on ESG data, analytics, and solutions. The Data Management team sits within the Data organization of Sustainable 1 and is responsible for ensuring that data on the products is of the highest quality. Members of this team need to interact very closely with ESG research, technology, analytics, and client service teams to ensure data flows are accurate, methodology and rules are correctly applied, and deliveries are made to clients in a timely and accurate manner.
The Impact: S&P Global Sustainable1 is S&P Global's single source of essential sustainability intelligence. Sustainable1 supports our clients with ESG products, insights, and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs as they are navigating and realizing the transition to a net zero, sustainable and equitable future. This role would be required to support key stakeholders across business lines, technology, and data and help onboard datasets into our Data Governance framework.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to strengthen business processes and implement your innovative ideas.
- Gain a wealth of experience by dealing with a varied set of stakeholder and business processes
- Opportunity to learn and develop professional competencies
- Opportunity to work across multiple regions, and divisions, experience a diverse and inclusive culture
- Work cross-functionally with data ops, technology, research, and product teams for the successful implementation of new products and enhancements
- Create and own documentation on data flows and identify and manage pre- and post-steps in the data management process
- Develop gradual and ever-increasing expertise on the core climate, impact, and downstream innovation data sets
- Work with the client services team to resolve any time-sensitive data delivery concerns and provide inputs on the long-term delivery strategy
- Act as the first contact point for quality issues raised after release, coordinating cross-team collaboration to resolve them.
- Identify cross-product data/operational dependencies, ensuring that responsibilities are assigned for managing them, and maintaining relevant documentation (e.g. internal SLAs, data catalogues)
- Ensure the new data platform and solution enables high data quality
- Work closely with the vertical Product Line teams (ESG, Climate, Impact) to plan and build a world-class data management service that maximizes user adoption
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science or finance/Management
- 4 + years of Data Management/Operations experience within the financial industry
- Experience working with database structures and data analysis
- Comfortable with SQL/Oracle with the ability to execute standard queries
- Familiarity with Python & Databricks platform
- Tech savvy – understand the latest technologies for feed and API product development
- An excellent individual contributor with proven experience working on data projects to build data processing tools, data loaders, data pipelines, Compliance and Governance.
- Exposure to working in data governance is highly preferable
- Experience with ESG market: market needs, competitive landscape, methodologies, regulatory landscape, and market trends are preferred but not mandatory
- While this is not specifically a technical role, it requires a keen interest and desire to use a “digital mindset” when thinking about problem-solving and engaging partners to deliver solutions.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only): S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $61,500-127,700. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About S&P Global Sustainable1: S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights, and solutions from across S&P Global divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations, and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1.
Personal development, S&P sponsor our employees to spend time building their skills and knowledge on areas that are of personal interest and that can be beneficial to the business over the long term. We want our people to develop and stay for a long time. Examples include training in consultative selling techniques, external qualifications, and certifications in topics such as ESG as the market evolves, all the way through to MBA’s.
The Workplace, we would like to encourage you to apply if you thrive in an environment that supports flexible working, we have adapted to a hybrid model and will continue this path in the future with the ability to work remotely and within the offices that we have throughout the United States.
Employee Resource Groups, developing a diverse workforce is one way we ensure our collective success. We support eight Employee Resource Groups dedicated to engaging and empowering diverse groups at S&P Global. You can find more information here: https://www.spglobal.com/en/who-we-are/diversity-equity-inclusion/people-resource-groups/
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
London, London, United Kingdom