MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £38,000 - £41,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business.
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering team for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility.
An opportunity has arisen on the development / production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
The opportunity also allows and individual to grow their knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
Able to work with minimum supervision:
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work to meet our delivery milestones.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Awareness of digital communication platforms to work and communicate effectively within the workplace
Working with the Principal Engineer, you will potentially be working on multiple projects, responsible for manufacturing problem identification and resolution:
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, process proving activities etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing documentation and industrial validation
- Support the Non Conformance Process
- Ensure products are produced in most economical proficient manner
- Assume the responsibilities for safe operating implementation for changed processes, including liaising with COSHH assessors, SHE and Human factors
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions maintaining production BOMs
- Tooling development and control
What to expect:
- An opportunity to take ownership of manufacturing engineering processes and equipment to make improvements to production.
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key role in the manufacturing engineering team.
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work.
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Opportunities for flexible/remote working where it meets the needs of the business
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.