Come be a part of driving National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators.We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. We need you
We are launching brand new products and product lines at National Grid, and as an Engineering Manager, you will be there at the inception. Our products go through a validation phase, where we answer the question: “What is the business problem we are trying to solve” and together with your product/design/UX/business counterparts, you will be responsible for narrowing the scope, defining a solution, and building your team to solve it.
What you’ll do
- In this role you are responsible for team output, in terms of code and architectural quality. Ensures consistent technical direction, even if not directly involved (delegating where appropriate)
- You'll work with your triad (Product and Design leadership) to ensure that team's product development evolves in a healthy direction without sacrificing tech roadmap.
- You are responsible for team work balance - following the org defined balance of product work, tech roadmap work, and individual development work.
- You'll define work process - refining agile process to work best for the team.
What you’ll need
- You'll have 8+ years of experience in software development, either as a developer or as a manager (at least 5 as a developer)
- You collaborate with many other teams
- You will be a hands-on leader, with between 10-50% hands on coding. But also, Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- You'll be experienced full stack. We use React, Redux, node.js, .NET core and other technologies. It's great if you have them in your background, but not a hard requirement!
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. So, join us and help bring energy to life.