Come be a part of driving National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators.We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. We need you
As a Principal Software Engineer in our Core Software Engineering team, you are seen as a strong leader of Engineering with exceptional engineering skills. You will inspire our Product Engineers to be their best through demonstration of software engineering best practices. We foster a culture of quality software engineering by demonstrating leading application testing, security and operation skills.
What you’ll do as a Principal Software Engineer at National Grid
· Supporting product teams to understand and resolve critical technical issues in any of our engineering products. You’ll also demonstrate expert knowledge of industry best practice in a least one programming language and technology stack (.NET is a huge plus!) You’ll successfully influence the organization technical roadmap.
· You’ll create complex architectural designs that are understood and implemented by all Engineering Product teams.
· You’ll be an active influencer of organization wide technology decisions.
· Build teams! You’ll be an active participant in the hiring of new senior talent to Core Engineering and across our Product Engineering Teams.
What you’ll need
· You bring 10+ years of Software Engineering experience, as an expert in delivery of software products (ideally in the Microsoft stack)
· You are seen as an influencer in engineering, and an expert practitioner of object-oriented programming principles, including SOLID and DDD
· You’re experience with quality driven approach to code authoring and testing, producing idiomatic and maintainable code
Most of all- You’re ready to continue building a strong engineering team that is innovating within the energy sector and modernizing the grid.
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. So, join us and help bring energy to life.