About National Grid
National Grid delivers safe and secure energy to millions of homes, communities and businesses in the UK and US. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
National Grid leads the charge towards a carbon-free future, our teams are embracing disruptive technology in our industry by working with Agile methodologies and adopting Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers.
· Inspire our product engineers to be their best through demonstration of software engineering best practice
· Help our engineering teams to design and deliver modern multi-domain architectures within an Azure and .NET environment
· Foster a culture of quality software engineering by demonstrating leading application testing, security and operations skills
· Drop into our engineering teams to help them solve their most complex software problems
· Lead curation and maintenance of software engineering documentation
· Represent National Grid at internal and external events
· An expert in delivery of software products in the Microsoft stack
· Equally at home discussing modern front-end and back-end delivery technologies
· Passionate about ensuring software engineers have the right space and tools to do their jobs well
· An advocate for delivering software products that are of the highest quality and maintainability
· Able to bring innovative skills and learning to the engineering teams you work with
· An influencer amongst technical leadership, pushing to drive the company towards best practice software engineering
· Possessing outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills