MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Guidance, Control and Navigation team are hiring a Stevenage Team Lead !
Salary: Dependant on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Predominately office based
Applications are encouraged for the role of Algorithm Development Lead in Stevenage. The successful candidate will build and lead a team of engineers who develop and maintain algorithms for the next generation of the customer Missile and Weapon Systems. This includes onboard algorithms for guidance, control and navigation.
The candidate will lead the Stevenage algorithm activities with the opportunity to be involved in steering the technical direction of activities. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow their team to support future activities.
An important aspect of the role will be to act as the GCN point of contact for the Stevenage algorithm team in managing relationships with our partners and customers.
You'll work on complex and exciting concepts and products as part of a passionate team of specialist engineers. You'll interact with other subject areas like Simulation and Modelling, Image Processing, Software, Navigation Sensors, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation, Seekers & Sensors, Datalinks and Technical Quality.
We are exposed to ground breaking technological innovations and our Engineers play a meaningful role through the development of our complex weapon systems in all stages of the lifecycle.What we're looking for from you:
Specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- You will have strong leadership and communication skills
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to leadership and have the ability to inspire others in order to reach goals and objectives
- Ideally, you will have experience of leading teams
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science)
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is beneficial
- Domain knowledge such as Guidance, Navigation, Control Command and Control, Dynamic Systems, Sensors, and Autonomous Systems or similar technical knowledge is beneficial
- Experience algorithms development and associated tools is beneficial
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support
Relevant read across knowledge and skills from complementary subject areas are welcomed.
Please note that we are currently recruiting for a number of Projects including FCAS/Tempest.
MBDA is the first truly integrated, multi-national defence company in Europe, enabling the development of missile and weapon systems for each branch of the armed forces: air, sea and land. MBDA's range of technologies and products consolidates the group as a world-leader in the defence industry.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG
Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.