MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the armed forces who protect our nations. We partner with our governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £63,000 dependent on experience
Some of what to expect:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site (gym Stevenage only)
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
An opportunity has arisen to join MBDA as a New Business Engineering Lead for sales campaigns, leading the generation of technical engineering proposals, pre-contract technical studies and costed proposals. This role will provide a very diverse experience of winning business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an engineering or systems integration background wanting to build on their experience by being the Engineering focal point in a diverse customer focussed team to win business for MBDA.
This role is varied and emphasis will change to fit the needs of the projects and sales markets, which is ever increasing in scope and complexity. You will be the primary Engineering and Technical interface for both sales campaigns and product roadmap, managing and delivering any engineering activities or studies required during the exciting, dynamic pre-contract phases of the programme.
You will need to provide clear guidance and support for the proposals being developed, ensure stakeholders are kept informed and deliver on time, cost and quality. The role will involve working closely with Customer Sales, Commercial and Engineering teams to ensure customer requirements are understood and actioned.
- The role provides an outstanding opportunity to gain experience in winning new business, technical concept derivation and direct customer engagement. This role would offer a candidate with a background in engineering the opportunity to broaden their experience!
- You will face frequent new challenges that'll require you to think on your feet and take a systematic approach in understanding, resolving and providing technical responses to maintain project pace.
- It also gives you the chance to work autonomously in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment, challenging and testing the business around the assumptions and costs proposed, ensuring they are robust, coherent and justifiable.
- It can be stepping-stone to more senior technical leadership roles as bids are won and architectures and solutions progress through into development
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication skills (written & verbal), both internally and working with the customer, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to understand, scope and explain technical challenges and impacts derived from Customer needs and working with a broad range of engineering teams to ensure timely delivery of technical solutions, costed bids and supporting engineering activities.
- Complementary experience and knowledge from the defence industry, broad engineering teams and/or export bidding activities.
- Strong Technical Project Management and facilitation skills in order to manage interdependencies and differing priorities and needs between multi-functional teams, resolving and diffusing arising conflicts and providing direction for inter-related issues.
- Passionate about winning new business, willing to work under pressure to meet demanding bid timescales and to travel if required.
Join a great team!
You'll be joining a dynamic team, working across multiple disciplines, which provides good development opportunities and broad involvement in winning new business.
There'll be opportunities for international travel and to work with a very varied range of collaborators across the business and customer community!
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.