Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee ServiceNow Developer At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage.
Technology Services at QBE is changing - fast. In a world that also throws out it’s unexpected twists and turns, QBE technology has been pushed to the forefront of the business value chain.
QBE’s investment in its platform and services have created a natural continuity environment that has elevated technology delivery even closer to the heart of its business value chain. This also allows its colleagues to set themselves up for a true work/life balance approach to their day to day and a healthy appetite for discovery, innovation and continuous improvement.The Opportunity:
A ServiceNow Developer is required to manage the delivery of all build artefacts effectively to ensure quality outputs, working closely with the team of software engineers to build, customise and integrate software solutions. They will also update existing systems and integrate improvements to work on the applications already in operation.Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- ServiceNow CMDB configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- Item Designer Configuration
- MID server implementation and configuration experience
- ServiceNow Architecture
- Service Portal Configuration
- Data loads /transform maps
- Scripting (Java/SQL/HTML/CSS/XML/SOAP/REST)
- Delivery of technical documentation
- Deployment via update sets and unit testing
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of development processes and methodologies
- SDLC and associated methodologies followed
We are here to support you
- Expertise in multiple ServiceNow Applications; ITSM, Portal, Incident, Problem, Request, Change, Virtual Agent etc.
- Experience with Paris preferred, must be a qualified Admin and preferably will hold implementation certification
- Broad knowledge of software development life cycle processes
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Knowledge of ITOM would be beneficial
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.Why QBE?Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including;
- 30 Days Annual Leave
- 10% Non-contributory Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
And many more!
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website .What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.