MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
C# Software Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and passionate software developer to join our Weapons System Simulation and Experimentation team.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisation, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
What we're looking for
We are looking for passionate software developers. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate exposure to practical software engineering.
- C# / C++ software development
- You will be able to demonstrate your experience / knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Real-Time Software
- Configuration control.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery or Deployment.
- Unit testing and test driven development.
- Agile development
- You will be part of a team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system through:
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
- Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems, including the Integration of hardware to provide true representations of our systems.
What's in it for you?
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
- The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
- In WSSE we have a number of career paths available, lead developers, Simulations Architects, Simulation Project Leads and Technical Experts to name a few.
Join a great team!
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering innovative Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.