MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to 48k DOE + Excellent benefits + bonus
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Do you enjoy challenging design goals? Do you thrive on creating innovative designs to define cutting edge hardware and software? Then this is the role for you!
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineerto join our RF SeekersTeam within the Seekers and Datalink Systems Department, based at our site in Stevenage. This is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
The Systems Design team is critical to the product development process, transforming customer requirements into lower level system architectures and requirements. The role covers the majority of the Systems Engineering V model, negotiating requirements with the missile systems customer through to the verification and validation process; you will gain a detailed understanding of RF Seeker design as well as building experience working with capable teams across all development activities.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and persistence to get a job done and done well
- Great communication skills are a necessity to be able to communicate with all levels of the project and disseminate technical information to stakeholders in an understandable manner
- Experience dissecting and understanding "the real" customer requirements and disseminating them down into lower level subsystem requirements and complex functional architectures
- An understanding of model based design techniques and languages (e.g. UML)
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with team members and external departments, customers and other key stakeholders
- Desire to develop, build and grow the Systems Design team and the people within it as the project develops
- Experience with Systems engineering tools like DOORS/DOORS NG/Rhapsody desirable
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, radar and control systems and digital signal processing is desirable
What's in it for you?
- You will be part of a close-knit, hardworking, and highly motivated team striving to develop one of the worlds most advanced Seeker and Missile technologies.
- You will be a key part of this cutting edge development, seeing your hard work and determination drive the product successfully into service with the armed forces.
- MBDA is the highest ranked technical company in the Times UK top 25 Employers survey, career development is a key priority, career progression through both formal and on the job training is provided.
- You will gain experience in weapon technologies both at system and hardware levels.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK to other MBDA sites and trials sites
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.