MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £35,000 - £55,000 depending on experience (we have a number of roles at various levels)
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days per week onsite and the rest remote working.The Opportunity
Do you enjoy challenging design goals, investigating problems, or thrive on creating innovate opportunities to test groundbreaking hardware and software? Then this is the role for you!
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Design and Certification Engineer, to join our RF Seekers Team based in Stevenage (Bristol may also be considered).
This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements. The team is essential to the product development process, being closely involved through each stage of development. The role is very broad; you will gain a detailed understanding of RF Seeker design as well as building experience working with capable teams across all development activities, supporting cutting edge modelling techniques, diverse trials scenarios and lab based proving and integration activities.What are we looking for?
- Passion and Persistence to get a job done and done well
- Great communication skills are a necessity in order to communicate with all levels of the project and disseminate technical information to customers in an understandable manner
- Experience dissecting and understanding "the real" customer requirements and disseminating them down into lower level subsystem requirements
- Experience proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving
- An understanding of model based design, proving techniques and approaches
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers and other key collaborators
- Experience with Systems engineering tools like DOORS/DOORS NG/Rhapsody is desirable
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems is desirable
- Familiarity with radar and control systems and digital signal processing is desirable
You will be part of a close-nit, hardworking, and highly motivated team striving to develop one of the worlds most advanced Seeker and Missile technologies. As a key part of this cutting edge development, seeing your hard work and determination drive the product successfully in to service with the armed forces.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.