MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary: Up to £48,000 Depending on Experience
MBDA operates ‘Dynamic Working', a hybrid working system that allows employees to balance time between office working and home working. Note this role involve periods of working with highly classified material that can only be accessed when office working.The Role
MBDA is looking for an experienced systems engineer to lead the security design of the Sea Ceptor weapon system.
Sea Ceptor is a very successful, innovative, high profile maritime air defence system that is in-service with the Royal Navy and export customers. Security accreditation must be maintained in order to support continuing export sales and obsolescence issues.Job Description
The role is responsible for the security design of the Sea Ceptor weapon system. The System Lead for Security is the main point of contact between the Weapon Systems Team, MBDA SMEs, MoD and other partners. The Systems Lead is responsible for:
What we're looking for
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the security partner community including MoD.
- Initial technical assessment of security issues when they arise.
- Coordination with MBDA SMEs to respond to any issues and technical oversight of their resolution.
- Facilitating security meetings.
- Tasking of the MBDA InfoSec team.
- Facilitating annual security reviews.
- Updates to security documentation.
- Providing technical oversight of system and sub-system requirements, design documentation, interface specifications, and verification and certification activities.
- Co-ordinate inputs to support security re-accreditation including RMADS and support of MoD DART (Defence Assurance Risk Tool) submission.
- Supporting export security clearances for Sea Ceptor equipment.
- Supporting the generation of Trials Security Instructions (TSI) and obtaining MoD approvals.
- Delivering Sea Ceptor security briefings.
- Estimation of MBDA support costs for export security related matters.
- Review and maintenance of Sea Ceptor local security processes and procedures.
- Working in the Weapon Systems Team in a general System Engineering capacity.
- Awareness of Assured Capability.
- System Engineering background with an ability to understand hardware / software interactions.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team.
- An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including; Requirement elicitation, Identifying and managing key design drivers, Verification processes including certification.
- Experience of managing technical work package delivery.
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly; responding quickly when programme priorities change.
- Awareness of IBM RTC & DOORS would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of partners and requires an experienced System Engineer experienced with working across all parts of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a highly motivated team with the opportunity to contribute across multiple programmes, with a focus on effective system design delivery across a number of concurrent project aspects, in addition to provision of support to the New Business domain.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.