MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime (depending on level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave (depending on level)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
We are looking for a number of System Architects to provide knowledge and expertise to a variety of exciting new programmes. We need to influence the strategy and design of our Products at the System-of-System, System and Sub-System Levels.
The successful candidates will be analytical systems thinkers, able to develop and communicate new concepts and architectures. They will identify, engage and influence stakeholders, instigate and drive trade studies and system development activities. In summary they will play a significant role in the technical direction and strategy of our future product portfolio.
What we're looking for:
- Analytical Systems thinkers able to develop and communicate new concepts and architectures
- Experience of developing complex systems, ideally in defence.
- Knowledge of Land, Sea and/or Air platforms and Weapon System integration would be highly beneficial
Please note that we are currently recruiting for a number of Projects including FCAS/Tempest.
Here's what's in it for you:
- Ability to influence key future programmes across Land, Sea and Air domains
- Opportunity to grow and develop a broad skill base
- You will get to work with multiple technical and business functions
- You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects at different points in their lifecycle, from pre-concept through to full-scale development
- Input to capability improvement through Research and Development
Join a great team!
You will be joining a growing team of highly skilled people working across the breadth of MBDA's current and future products. Your department is focussed on growing and developing a team of excellent System Architects. This is a small but experienced team focussed on technical solutions and setting the right design principles with new projects.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.