MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Car allowance of £300 per month
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. Typical working pattern is 2 days on site per week.
Are you an expert in Motor Controls looking for a new and exciting challenge?
MBDA has a phenomenal opportunity for a Senior Motor Controls Technologist to drive the technical excellence of our project deliveries. You will provide technical leadership for the Motor Controls team and will have responsibility for coaching and mentoring team members.
You will also be responsible for providing support and guidance on high complexity issues across all projects and you will play a key role in defining the future strategy for the Motor Control aspects of design and delivery across Actuation Systems.
What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for a Motor Controls expert, someone who can operate at a senior level in our business with the passion and drive to deliver. You will have experience of operating at a strategic level, sharing your expertise with your team by providing coaching and guidance. Strong influencing and communication skills are key as you will be networking across internal and external design communities.
From a technical perspective, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of design and development of control algorithms for digital control systems.
- Experienced user of the MATLAB / Simulink toolset and Embedded Coder for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within systems. Ideally direct experience in the control of BLDC motors.
- Ability to model complex real world electronic and mechanical systems such as feedback sensors, motors, drivetrains and drive electronics.
- Ability to generate sub-system or component requirements from a set of customer requirements in support of system architecture development.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.