MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join our growing Radio Frequency (RF) Seekers team to perform activities including algorithm development and systems studies. There are roles available across multiple Seeker programmes entering their assessment phases including Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) and Meteor, working to develop and deliver cutting edge technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors.
You will have the scope to get involved in a variety of systems tasks, and plenty of opportunities to innovate and drive the technical scope of the programmes. We are a specialist and diverse team, so you'll also be able to develop your skills and will be fully supported in doing so. We need you to have a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). Most importantly, we want you to have passion for the industry and technology, and we can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.
- Algorithm development
- Identification, Planning and Running of investigations to inform systems design
- Data analysis
- Working as part of a team or individually
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Technical report writing
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and ideally Simulink)
- Experience in forming hypotheses and creating the method to prove them.
- Machine Learning and AI
As part of the role you will be involved in a number of activities including many of the following:
- Development of algorithms
- Identifying studies that demonstrate the algorithm is fit for purpose and identifying future changes required as a result of any deficiencies
- Interacting with a wide network of stakeholders across multiple domains.
- Integration of algorithms within a complex Seeker model
- Undertaking and documenting system studies and performance analysis
- Encouraging innovation – for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products'.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.