MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 3 to 4 days per week on site.
Mission Planning Verification and Validation Engineer
A systems engineering opportunity has arisen to join a focused, driven and dynamic team within the Mission Planning & Control department, who are working closely together on delivering Mission Planning products for the UK domestic and export customers. You will be leading the design verification and certification activities working on key Mission Planning products within the Storm Shadow weapon system family. The MP&C projects cover all aspects of the life development cycle are which cover both hardware and software as well as functional enhancements.
In addition, as part of the Mission Planning & Control Function you will have the opportunity to get involved in shaping the departments future growth and capability.
- Mission Planning products typically complete in a few years, so great exposure to the whole development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Test your innovations and improvement ideas when it comes to process and delivery improvements
- Build cross functional relationships and develop skills in Systems, Software and Hardware.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user
- Support your technical development with concurrent work available in R&D using MBSE
- Build your knowledge of Software Development
- Build your understanding of Hardware/Software integration
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong working knowledge of design verification and certification against complex software requirement sets, to national and international defence standards.
- Knowledge of design verification activities and processes
- Ability to communicate with, organise and manage expectations of the project design teams, Design Assurance / Company Design Signatories, and external customers.
- Track record of delivering engineering work into Ministry of Defence programmes would be a strong benefit.
- Working knowledge of the DOORS system engineering tool or similar.
- Good understanding of system engineering practises
- Must be able to set out a plan and be adaptable to changing or late delivery of inputs.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.