MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as 2-3 days on site
MBDA are looking for a Project Accountant to apply financial control to specific contracts within programmes finance, taking responsibility for all financial aspects. To be an integral part of the Programmes Finance Team providing Finance and Project Management with effective, timely and accurate financial information whilst acting as a key business partner to a designated project team.
This role will allow you to demonstrate your ability to proactively and independently manage all aspects of project financial management and allow you to gain, or build on your experience of working in a world leading multi-national company.
What are we looking for?
- Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or Qualified by Experience
- Experience of long term contract Financial management (highly desirable) e.g.
- Estimate At Completions
- Annual Budgets and Long Term Business Planning
- Integrity of data on financial systems
- Cash and FX management
- Knowledge and experience of Finance IT tools: MS Excel (required) SAP R/3, SAP BW (desirable)
- Ability to build strong and productive working relationships within multi discipline and multi-national project and Finance teams, whilst maintaining independence and integrity.
What's in it for you?
- Exciting opportunity to add value in a challenging and constantly evolving area of the business.
- Be part of an inclusive and supportive programme team
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Longer term – lots of opportunity to move around the wider finance team into a variety of roles, e.g treasury, accounting, cost base, bidding.
- Report actual and forecast achievement for responsible contracts against its financial targets, including risks and opportunities.
- Support and management to the preparation of multi-year business plan and annual budget for responsible contracts.
- Ensure that relevant project staff are clear of their financial objectives.
- Understand the financial implications of the latest commercial terms and conditions within the prime and sub contracts for specific contract responsibility.
- Financial management of contracts including: revenue & margin trading, bi-annual Estimate at Completion preparation (including Risk and Ops management), intercompany trading, cash and FX management, customer reporting/interfacing.
Join a great team!
The MBDA Programmes Finance Community is a well-integrated network always looking to work together and learn from each other's experiences. The community itself is dynamic, forward thinking and hard-working whilst always making sure there is time to build relationships within, and outside the immediate teams.
Additionally, this role offers the opportunity to work closely with all non-Finance members of the project management teams and, after an initial period of focussed support, the role allows the successful candidate to work independently.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.