MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: £40-50k Dependent on Experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 2 to 3 days per week on site.Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
The Weapon System Equipment team are looking for System or Mechanical / Electrical /Aerospace Design Engineers, with a passion for excellence, to deliver our state of the art Air Defence Weapon System into immediate customers. You will use your engineering design and development experience to enable the continued delivery of the launcher platform and subsystems. In return you will be working for an experienced Chief Design Engineer, as we move the Weapon System into its full rate production phase, gaining transferrable experience in Systems Design and Certification, Weapon System Physical Architecture and Design for Production Engineering, all as part of a multi-disciplinary National and International team.
Our Equipment Authority ranges from full Weapon System delivery of the Launcher and any Supporting Vehicles / Infrastructure through to the individual authority over each Subsystem or Equipment. The role can be tailored depending on the experience you are wishing to gain but includes the following areas: mechanical / hydraulic elevation equipment, vehicle/platform interfaces, electronic processing boxes (general and custom computing and networks, power generation and power distribution.What we're looking for
Someone who can demonstrate:
- Systems or Mechanical / Electrical Design Engineering experience, looking to further their experience in Product delivery / ownership at an Equipment, Subsystem or System Design Authority level
- Good understanding of physical equipment design constraints (Size, Weight, Power, Electrical and Mechanical Interfaces) and an understanding of their impact of land-based weapon system performance
- Ability to negotiate deviation to requirements and report impact to existing evidence / compliance for equipment.
- Interpreting manufacturing queries and translating these to tangible activities that enable resolution
- Experience in engaging specialist engineering teams
What's in it for you?
You will gain experience in a high temp, state of the art engineering team focussing on the following areas:
Join a great team!
- Product sustainment: Ensuring maintenance and control of the product configuration
- Maintaining design certification and ensuring appropriate trade between qualification and regression testing
- Working closely with Internal/External Design Authorities, Procurement Team and Manufacturing to sustain delivery of existing equipment and raise exceptions where required e.g. engineering impact to cost / schedule / performance
- In Service Support for UK Sky Sabre Launchers; Ensuring design queries are responded to in a timely manner and where required identifying and implementing a control plan
- Product Evolution: Identify and develop opportunities for technical enhancements and agreeing selection criteria to enable the product roadmap
- Industrialisation: Design to Cost improvements; identifying opportunities to reduce UPC across all equipment, employing Design to Cost engineering practises.
Weapon System Equipment are responsible for development and delivery of equipment for Land, Naval and Airborne domains, as well as training simulator products. The team work together to secure delivery of the hardware, software and validation for the equipment to time, cost and requirement given by the project.
We work across the entire design lifecycle from Concept to In-service and engage across a wide partner community to achieve this. This gives our employees, a great chance to network across a highly regulated but innovative engineering company and work with our management team to enable areas of personal development and growth.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.