MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working (such as 2-3 days onsite, 2-3 days working from home.)
Are you passionate about Electronics? Do you love working as part of a great team? Do you enjoy leading others through technical challenges to achieve a collective goal? Then this role is for you!
An exciting opportunity within MBDA has materialized for an Electronics Design Engineer to technically lead the development and delivery of complex and technologically advanced electronic products.
You will be working as an integral part of the business in the Electronics Engineering department, where you will be responsible for leading the technical design, development, proving and integration of the missile subsystems that play a critical role in the defence of our sovereignty.
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally a degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Extensive experience of Electronics Hardware Design from concept through to production; preferably including the integration of firmware and software.
- Experience of EMC and Environmental proving and qualification
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills combined with knowledge and experience of a wide range of electronic technologies and products
- Demonstrable skills in the authoring of key technical documentation and reports
We're looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer who has worked across all phases of the product development lifecycle and who is tenacious and driven to achieve. You will be someone who builds trust and creates strong relationships that pave a smooth path in complex environments, and who isn't afraid to step in to help ensure our commitments are delivered.
You will need to be self-starter who is motivated by a job well done; is diligent, focused and understands the challenges associated with working in a complex organization that delivers high-reliability products.
As the Lead Electronics Design Engineer, you will be interfacing with many stakeholders to ensure our designs meet the needs of our customers' technical and environmental requirements and our equipment is delivered on time, on cost and on quality. You will have the opportunity provide guidance to less experienced engineers seeking technical advice, and will play a crucial role in design reviews – acting as the Design Authority, where required.
From your first day with us, you will be welcomed into a friendly and supportive environment. We are a team of passionate and committed individuals who are always happy to provide advice and support. We will also seek to learn from the experience you bring to MBDA, ensuring the continuous improvement of our processes, services and products.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.