MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £50K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to 21% of base salary (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who wishes to develop their professional and technical skills in Security Engineering.
The Systems Security Architect delivers a security architecture by designing and implementing a range of protective measures for a weapon/missile system, critical in enabling our Customers to have an Assured Capability (AC).
This is achieved by leading complex task packages and liaising with and placing requirements upon multi-disciplinary engineers across the Engineering Directorate.What we're looking for
- Knowledge of through life missile/weapon system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management and technical Customers
- Able to listen, evaluate and resolve management and technical issues in a manner that upholds MBDAs reputation with our Customer
- Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software or firmware is desirable
- DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the DV clearance process
What's in it for you?
- You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of some of MBDA's latest technology and influence how it is exploited in our products as well as be able to influence what is required from these technologies in the future
- You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire
- This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status
- Task package management of activities utilising multi-disciplinary engineers spanning across the Engineering Directorate to design and deliver a comprehensive technical security solution within the budget and timescale set out for the task.
- Managing the trade-space to maximise the effectiveness of through life protective measures without compromising product safety or Customer winning capability.
- Preparing and maintaining a robust security case and working directly with the UK Customer and its technical advisors to agree sufficiency of solutions.
- Undertaking a wide range of systems design and technical leadership tasks, ensuring a coherent design is maintained across the contributing engineering departments (hardware, software, firmware) that can be integrated, tested and qualified to demonstrate the effectiveness of the security solution.
- Liaising with manufacturing and support teams to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the missile/weapon system is maintained through manufacture and in the various through life support scenarios that may be offered to a Customer.
- Ensuring the Need to Know principal is adhered to and sufficient controls are in place to manage the knowledge of the technical implementation, providing direction on the release of information to Suppliers and Customers, where required.
Join a great team!
- The often complex technical challenges in this area mean no solution is too innovative to be considered
- The comparatively small size of the team allows everyone's contribution to be recognised and respected
- The team collaborates with a broad range partners on a variety of subjects, often face to face, building a genuine collective team spirit
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.