MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £70,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of basic salary
- Car allowance of £3,600
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role requires on-site working in Bristol for the majority, due to security considerations and teamwork.
A truly rare opportunity to join MBDA Aerodynamics leadership team has become available. As the Aerodynamics Group Lead for Future Systems Projects, you'll be key in influencing and shaping the Future Combat Air System team, in this exciting "once in a career" opportunity.
This opportunity requires a team leader, who is able to deliver agreed work packages across a number of ambitious projects. Does this sound like you? If so then read on!
You will be accountable for delivery to time, cost and quality through collaboration with other aerodynamics team leads, Technical Experts and senior project management teams. The role specifically covers those projects in the early concept design stages, with current activities ranging from aerodynamic design, characterisation and assessment of missile airframes, through to early assessments of integration onto platforms. Importantly, you will manage and encourage a team of around 15 skilled aerodynamicists to succeed, including performance evaluations, career development discussions, and ensuring the development of skills and proficiencies to improve performance and meet the future needs of the business.
As a senior role within the department, you will also support the Head of Aerodynamics with reporting, long-term management of team development, skill capability, recruitment, project workload, and resource allocation. Your influencing skills will enable you to build strong networks and relationships across a wide range of partners, including MBDA UK and internationally, Universities, SMEs, MoD customers in DE&S and DSTL, as well as aircraft platform authorities.
What we're looking for from you:
- In-depth technical knowledge of Aerodynamics & Performance, ideally with experience of high speed or aircraft integration.
- Well-developed and proven leadership skills; evidence of strategic thinking and providing a clear vision
- Previous experience of people management and shaping teams
- Desire to invest time into developing others and providing mentorship and coaching
- Excellent collaboration, engagement, partner management, communication and influencing skills
- Proven task package management, ensuring that outputs are on time, within budget and the correct level of quality
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.