MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid Working: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Configuration Management is pivotal to MBDA's success in developing and delivering engineered products to our customers and frontline users. Through the controlled application and compliance of processes, we give our programmes confidence and assurance in all products that we produce.
We are seeking an experienced Configuration professional with an ability to actively lead the application of Configuration Management processes across MBDA's prestigious product portfolio. Your ability to build networks and foster strong relationships will enable you to deliver, through a team, outstanding governance of our Configuration Management processes whilst contributing towards the overall success of our business programmes.
What we're looking for
- Highly experienced within a Configuration Management discipline. Extensive knowledge of Configuration Management principles, processes and standards, both nationally and internationally. A technical understanding of complex weapon systems or other defence systems being desirable.
- Strong technical appreciation of engineering business networks and associated stakeholder relationships across the product lifecycle.
- An ability to plan, lead and deliver technical Configuration Management activities through others.
- Strong team building skills; able to motivate and develop a cohesive and high performing team.
- Highly developed communication skills with an ability to lead through technical challenges with confidence and assertion.
- Outstanding networking skills with an ability to build and maintain critical stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability to successfully influence and negotiate at all levels, without compromising relationships.
- Whilst not essential, an operational knowledge of Def Stan 05-57, ISO10007 or EN9100 would be beneficial.
What's in it for you?
- Join a fresh, dynamic and focussed core business function responsible for Configuration Management across all MBDA UK products and services.
- Manage a team supporting a number of new and complex business products that underpin the future success of our business.
- Technically coach and develop skills in both CM and wider engineering colleagues.
- Develop and lead operational improvements to evolve MBDA's configuration management policy and processes for the future.
- Great opportunities for personal development including a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management.
- The potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated prospects of international travel.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.