MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Embedded Software Engineer (Datalinks)
Salary: up to £65,000 (doe) + Bonus + Benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role is mostly office based, but there are opportunities to work from home (split is roughly 4 days a week in the office, one day at home)
Real Time Datalink Software is tasked with supplying Datalink software into a wide range of Missiles and platforms that require a method of communicating over the air between them. This is a relatively new function within MBDA with plenty of scope to help define what the Datalink does, its protocols and technical design.
As well as working with other Software Engineers in the team you will also be encouraged to work closely with Firmware Engineers, Systems Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Test Engineers and respective leads.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced embedded Software Engineer to join our team to develop current and future datalink systems and their associated protocols. Working as a software engineer as part of a multi-disciplinary team (hardware/software/firmware) with state-of-the-art technology, you will be at the forefront of mobile communications used within missile systems design.
What are we looking for from you:
This is a technical hands-on role and will involve all aspects of the software life cycle:
- Requirements capture
- Embedded Software Architecture & Design
- Verification (Reviews & Testing)
Do you have proven experience or have a proactive desire to nurture your career in the following areas:
- Hard Real-Time embedded software development
- Strong ‘C' Programming
- Experience of mobile/satellite communications and their associated protocols
- Modulation techniques
- Network architectures
- Communication Protocols (e.g. SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCI-Express)
- Software Design methodologies (e.g. UML)
- Ability to work proactively as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team
- Strong problem solving at system and software component level to investigate software/hardware issues
- System integration and performance analysis
- Working in a lab environment using Missile components and Test Equipment
- Full life cycle development in Agile/SCRUM working environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical
What's in it for you?
- Lots of opportunity for hands-on embedded software development
- Develop and grow your career; training programs to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA
- You'll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior partners
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; we work with colleagues across UK and European sites
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.