MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £40,000-£50,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen within our Bristol based Product Assurance Software Quality team for an engineer to further develop their quality assurance skills by being part of the wider Product Assurance community within MBDA.
Working on a diverse range of missile programmes, supporting project activities to help ensure that MBDA's hi-tech weapon systems are developed to the required level of quality and delivered to trusted partners around the world. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and be able to build a career in Quality.
What we're looking for from you:
- You will ideally have an understanding and background in software development and quality assurance within a process-based design and development environment but we will consider people from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries.
- Knowledge of national and international standards and assurance requirements.
- A collaborative but objective approach with an ability to influence change when required and to work autonomously
- The ability to lead Project Quality Assessments, identify risks and critical issues and provide input to monthly reports.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ideally have an Engineering Degree, or equivalent, with an understanding of new and appropriate technologies.
- Experience or knowledge of DOORS, RTC, Rhapsody, MATLAB/Simulink would be beneficial though not essential.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.