MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £55,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically, this role will be 4-5 days per week on site working.
Be part of the proving team proving the C2 sub-systems are ready to enter service for one of our exciting projects!
A C2 sub-system is the heart and brains of the weapon system: it has to understand the threats to the protected assets, and plan and then manage engagements of those threats, in a complex and changing situation.
Working in the C2 domain in MBDA provides the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company, to see the full product development life-cycle and deliver real capability to the customers to protect their home nation for the future.
As a C2 Validation and Verification Engineer you'll support product development for the C2 system. Day to day you'll be supporting and producing the definition of the C2 Test Scenarios and success criteria to ensure the C2 product meet its requirements. The role will also involve production of the appropriate verification plans to agree with the equipment DA the method of verification used.
What we're looking for from you:
- Systems design/ systems engineering experience in software based equipment.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on experience of SysML, Rhapsody and DOORS tools would be desirable, but training will be provided where needed.
Here's what's in it for you:
- Excellent opportunity to develop and diversify your skills and access a range of career paths
- Work on a flagship programme backed by significant investment from our customers, and technology built on huge research investment by MBDA
- Access to training opportunities, both on the job and formal courses
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.