MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £57,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Working pattern: mainly office-based with potential for part of the role to be performed from home
Are you a proactive Sub-System Design Engineer with a passion for delivery?
MBDA have several exciting weapon system development programmes, and are growing the product line team that delivers command and control sub-system for these projects. We are looking for sub-system design engineers to fill a number of roles in requirements management, design definition and proving!
This role will allow you to expand on your experience with; reviewing changes to the sub-system technical requirements, liaising with various technical, design, safety and customer support partners, as well as supporting and agreeing changes in the sub-system interface specifications.
What we're looking for from you:
Working in the Command and Control product line, you will be providing the weapon system operators with the information and tools that they need to perform their mission. You will need to have the skills to understand complex systems and to create innovative solutions.
Experience with some of the following:
- Applicable experience in systems engineering, product development, software development or a similar discipline.
- Authoring sub-system software and hardware requirements specifications
- Developing and proposing changes to sub-system software design
- Authoring sub-system design documentation
- Developing test specifications and verification plans for sub-system requirements
- Managing traceability of requirements, test definitions and certification evidence
- Verification and certification of the sub-system
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.