MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £55k depending upon experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Are you looking for a Systems Engineer role that will allow you to employ your knowledge and experience in helping to overcome a number of complex challenges at a system level of architecture? Keep reading!
As part of the Future Cruise/Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) programme we are looking for an analytical system level thinker to play a leading role in the development of Safety Architecture using a system of systems approach. The person will develop and communicate concepts and architectures ensuring that the technical solution satisfies key partners (within both the Customer and internal company communities) and is achievable within the scope of the programme.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic and innovative Project Team to deliver MBDA's flagship future product.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering and general Systems Design toolset to develop and document agreed solutions.
- Systems Design experience (e.g. System of Systems approach, development of System architecture, development of architectural Requirements etc.)
- Experience of working within the Safety domain (Safety Design process, international Safety Standards etc.)
- Experience of working closely alongside other Engineering domains (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Software Design etc.) as part of a cooperative project team
- Working with Customer Stakeholders (DGA & MoD Project teams, DOSG, Fr Safety Authorities etc.)
- Delivering Model Based Systems Engineering projects
- Knowledge and experience of FC/ASW or a similar system
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.